We use the Cloud Information that we process to supply Cloud services to you and to send transactional emails that were requested by your users or site administrator.
For Cloud Information, we may process, but we do not retain any Personally-Identifiable Information (PII).
A certain amount of Cloud Information is stored by us:
Cloud Information Stored Within the Atlassian Cloud
The majority of Smart Courses Cloud data is stored entirely within the Atlassian Cloud infrastructure. Data stored in the Atlassian Cloud includes information about:
- courses content and attachments
- course configuration
- course permissions
- space-level configuration
The data stored within the Atlassian Cloud is automatically GDPR-compliant, meaning no PII is persisted in specific fields. In particular:
- References to users are stored exclusively via their Atlassian AccountID (and not the user name or display name).
- References to content and attachments are stored exclusively via their IDs (and not their names).
Data in the Atlassian Cloud is stored in the same physical region where your Atlassian instance is configured for data storage.
Cloud Information Stored Outside of the Atlassian Cloud
A limited amount of information is stored outside of the Atlassian Cloud but entirely within managed services on Amazon AWS. We do not store any PII. Data stored here include:
- Information required for the functioning of the Atlassian Connect platform, including the URL of your site and the corresponding clientKey.
- Logs showing when Smart Courses Cloud was installed and uninstalled on a particular client site.
- App-level configuration data
Course session; metadata about taking a course (e.g., participants' progress, date started and completed, quiz results, course version, course ID);
Confluence AccountID of the course participants;
Data stored outside the Atlassian Cloud is physically stored within the Managed Amazon RDS, which runs on AWS Frankfurt, Germany.