Upload an image as a thumbnail. This image is used in the course catalog. Using a rectangular image is preferred for better rendering.
Note that the maximum allowed size of attachments is defined by Confluence administrator.
About this course
Fill in a quick description of the course as shown in the screenshot. This description will be directly visible on the course card, in the course catalog.
The maximum length of the course description is 1000 characters.
Select one or more course categories; Categories are used in the catalog to filter the courses.
Select one or more labels of a course, the labels are used in the catalog to filter courses. You can also use these labels in the Confluence search to find courses.
Smart Courses uses the native Confluence labels. If you create a new label, it will be available for pages and other content types in Confluence.
Choose the difficulty level of a course:
These levels are also used in the catalog to filter courses.
- Duration estimation
This mode determines whether a course is an Exam. Enabling the Exam mode is a strict mode that implies specific rules for playing courses and reporting:
a. Minimum pass score: The minimum pass score is the minimum required score to pass an exam. Scores are calculated based on the correct-answers rate.
For example, if the exam includes four questions, and the Minimum pass score is set at 50%, the attendee has to answer a minimum of two correct answers to pass the exam.
This option is only available when exam mode is selected.
b. Maximum exam attempts: it is the number of attempts an attendee has per exam. Attendees are able to reset their sessions once an exam is finished if they still have remaining attempts.
An attempt is counted each time an attendee finishes an exam. If for example this option is set to 3, and the attendee finishes the exam, it will be possible to retake the exam when relaunching the course. Thus two remaining attempts are left.
Hide questions results
Question results will not be displayed to the attendees once they submit their answers.
Hide overall questions results
Hide the overall score and question results to the attendees at the end of the course session.
Hide expected options for wrong answers
Correct option(s) will not be displayed to the attendees if the result is wrong.
Require course completion to view results
Require visiting all the course content to view results.
- Force sequential navigation: This option allows deactivating skipping capsules. The attendee must go through all the capsules.
- Allow contributors enrollment: Contributors will be allowed to have a course session, and their metrics will be tracked (same as an ordinary attendee).
- Allow enrollment after the due date: Allow enrollment even if the assignment is overdue.
Add a customized message that will be displayed on the dashboard.
Customize assignment reminder rules and message for this course.
Here you can override the global customized assignment reminder and message.
This option allows defining course restrictions. By default, the course has the same accessibility rules as the space in which it was created. A course administrator can customize restriction rules.
These restrictions are exclusive and not inclusive; only the mentioned groups and users will see the course in the catalog and attend it.
Assigned users or groups need to complete the course.
Course assignment involves:
- Assigned users or groups of users will receive assignment notifications
- Users will find the assigned course in the Assigned tab of the Course catalog
- A special Assigned tag will be added to the user session in the course metrics
- The list of the assigned courses is displayed in the users' course dashboard
If a Due date is enabled :
- assigned users and/or groups will have to complete the course before this date. If not completed, a reminder is sent once per day for the five days preceding the due date
- If an assigned course is overdue, users are no longer able to view the course, unless a course administrator extends the assignment
You can schedule an assignment based on groups.
The course will be automatically assigned to users once they join the group.
The scheduled assignment involves:
- Groups: groups to whom the course is assigned
- Due date: course creator can indicate the due date: the number of days after the new user joins the group
- Message: customized message will be sent to the attendees along with the notification
Select a user or a group of users to invite them to attend the course.
When deleting a capsule, the attachment is not removed from Smart Courses. Attachments can be managed in different ways.
The table has three columns:
- Title: Attachment label stored in Confluence
- Used in: List of capsules where the Attachment is used
- Delete: Allows you to delete the attachment if it is not used in any capsule
When adding attachments to course capsules, if an existing attachment with the same name is uploaded, Smart Courses creates a copy and adds a unique suffix "-cvsXXXXXX" to the file's name to avoid overwriting used attachments in other capsules.
A course author can enable certificate generation once the attendees finish their course.
You can easily customize your certificate using a combination of HTML and Thymeleaf code. while having a live preview of the changes you made.
Here is the list of the pre-defined variables :
Certification options :
Enable Certification: attendees will be provided with a download link for a PDF version of the certificate once the course is completed.
Only when PASS: Deliver certificate only for successful attendees.
Only following fonts are supported:
Comic Sans MS
Times New Roman / Times
A course admin can select users to grant them the right to edit the course (contributors).
Smart Courses distinguishes the course administrator from contributors. A course administrator is either the course creator, a space Admin, a Confluence admin, or a Smart Courses Admin.
Only course administrators can:
- Assign contributors
- Manage advanced settings related to Exam mode
- Manage restrictions
- Copy, move or delete a course.
Copy a course to another space. The visibility rights of the target space will apply to the course copy.
Note that it is only possible to copy a course to another space if the editor has course creation rights.
Move [Only for SERVER]
Move a course to another space. The visibility rights of the target space will apply to the moved course.
Note that it is only possible to move a course to another space if the editor has course creation rights.
Allows you to delete the course.
Please note that deleting a course is an irreversible action. All the data and attendees' sessions related to the course will be deleted.